From: roger on 12/12/2003
Found a new solution in this board:
This problem can be caused by an excessively long file extension entry in the registry. To fix:
- Open Regedit (Start, Run, type "regedit" without the quotes)
- Click on plus sign "+" beside HKEY_Classes_Root
- Scroll thru all the extensions (starting with ".")
- If you find a long one, right click on it and click "delete"
- Continue checking thru all the extensions listed
when i did this, i only removed lines that had HOTBAR written in the line....Worked great!!! and i am no computer wiz, this was easy!
I went into registry and did the hotbar delete of one file and it fixed my problem with SHDOC401.DLL at015f:" Thanks for the help.
remove long name extensions from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
I have found it is linked to Hotbar. Hotbar is a tool for IE I downloaded. I removed it a while back and it left a registry entry. It was along one under
I delted that key and I am creating New Folders again.
HOPE THIS HELPS YOU